AP Govt Issued New Orders to include Municipal Schools in LEP 2020: Government of Andhra Pradesh has decided to implement the Bridge Course for class I – V in the Government Schools of Andhra Pradesh from 16-3-2020 to 23-4-2020. Further State Project Director, Samagra Siksha and the Commissioner of School Education instructed to include Municipal Schools in the Learning Enhancement Programme.
All the District Educational Officers and DCEB Secretaries in the State are informed to Print and Supply Question Papers, Children Workbooks (Level -1 and Level – 2) and school handbook on or before 15-3-2020. The same is also extended to Municipal Schools. It is informed that, submit the bills to APC Samagra of their concerned districts for payment.
Baseline Test Standard Evaluation – Guidelines
|స్థాయి 1||తెలుగు మరియ గణితంలో 8 కంటే తక్కువ, ఆంగ్లంలో10 కంటే తక్కువ|
|స్థాయి 2||తెలుగు మరియ గణితంలో 8,అంతకంటే ఎక్కువ, ఆంగ్లంలో10, అంతకంటే ఎక్కువ|
AP Bridge Course for 1st to 5th Classes from 16th March to 23rd March 2020
All Regional Joint Directors, District Educational Officers, Additional Project Coordinators and Mandal Educational Officers in the state are hereby informed that in order to bridge the learning gaps among students, a bridge course is planned for Academic Year 2019-20 for all students studying in Classes I-V in government schools of Andhra Pradesh. This will be a 30-day programme starting from 16th March 2020 till 23rd April 2020. The existing class specific content will be the source for the Bridge course which will be refreshed through this programme. This programme will primarily focus on language improvement (Telugu & English) along with Math and EVS concepts.
All RJDSEs, DEOs, APCs and MEOs must ensure that awareness is created about the importance of bridge course among parents prior to the Bridge course in the form of Parent Teacher meeting and to ensure child attendance during the Bridge Course period from 16.03.2020 to 23.04.2020.
- Hence, all RJDSEs, DEOs, APCs and MEOs in the state are requested to take necessary action for conducting the Bridge course as per the above schedule. The detailed guidelines regarding conduct of bridge course are annexed herewith. They are also informed that the expenditure shall be debited to the intervention of learning enhancement program under quality interventions of Samgara shiksha project for the year 2019-2020.
For any queries please contact Dr. K. Pandurangaswamy, State coordinator, Mobile No. 9849332547.
Guidelines for Bridge Course 2020
Download AP Schools Bridge Course Guidelines in Telugu: Click Here
- As students in all government schools are nearing the completion of their respective classes in this Academic Year, it becomes imperative to bridge their learning gap and make them ready for the Academic Year 2020-21.
- 2. The evidence of conducting bridge courses globally shows that students are able to reap the benefits in improving the class-specific learning outcomes to do well in the forthcoming academic year.
- 3. In order to bridge the learning gaps among students, a bridge course is planned for Academic Year 2019-20 for all students studying in Classes I-V in government schools of Andhra Pradesh. This will be a 30-day programme starting from 16th March 2020 till 23rd April 2020. The existing class specific content will be the source for the Bridge course which will be refreshed through this programme. This programme will primarily focus on language improvement ( Telugu & English) along with Math and EVS concepts.
- 4. In order to provide a learning environment to the child through fun and play, the following aspects will be provided during the 6 weeks (30 days) of bridge course:
- Core aspects of the language viz., Sound letter association, listening, speaking, reading, comprehending and writing.
- Subject specific vocabulary pertaining to Math and EVS
- Joyful learning through Activity based teaching
- Audio Visual stimuli with a focus on listening and speaking
Bridge Course Timelines
5. Bridge Course shall comprise the following activities within 30 days (March 16-April 23):
- Know your child (Baseline) March 16
- Working with the child March 17 – April 21
- Know your child (End line) April 22
- Mega Parent-Teacher meeting April 23
There are two levels under the program –
1. Level-I – Basic
2. Level-II – Beginner
- 8. Based on the baseline assessment conducted for all students on 16-March, 2020, the teacher categorizes them into two levels, Level-I and Level-II, the details of which will be shared to DCEB by 28, February, 2010. Both levels will do the same activities except reading and writing for which there will be different worksheets based on their level of fluency.
- 9. The entire Bridge course period is divided into 14 themes and two days are dedicated for each theme the details of which were given in annexure- I. The game activity, reading activity and writing activity will be based on the theme of the day with an aim to familiarize the theme and introduce vocabulary related to the theme. Teachers are at liberty to use any methodology to familiarize the theme related vocabulary during the game time to increase children proficiency.
- 10. A Repository of rhymes, stories, games are being compiled to use in the classroom during the respective activity the details of which will be shared in the Google drive link – shorturl.at/gsMN8
- 11. For writing practice, worksheets will be provided for both levels which are to be printed by the DCEB and distributed to the Schools.
Daily schedule of Bridge course:
12. The following timetable is suggested for all the working days except the days of baseline, endline and mega parent-teacher meeting during the Bridge Course programme.
- 8.00 – 8.30 Assembly
- 8.30 – 9.15 Rhyme time
- 9.15 – 9.20 Water break
- 9.20 – 10.05 Game time
- 10.05 – 10.15 Interval -www.apteachers.in
- 10.15 – 11.00 Writing time
- 11.00 – 11.45 Story time
- 11.45 – 12.30 Fun time
13. The following are the learning outcomes envisioned for students in respective levels after the end of 30 day Bridge Course program:
• 1 to 10 in words, tens in words
• Two letter words – Identify, spell and read
• Simple sentences + dictation
• Two letter words – Identify, spell and read
• Simple sentences + dictation
• Two digit additions, subtractions, multiplications, divisions
• Maths vocabulary like borrowing etc.
Component of Bridge Course
In these 30 days, students will be acquiring basic language skills in English and Telugu and knowledge of Mathematics and EVS through
• Worksheets and
• Audio-Visual (AV) content.
All HMs must ensure that —
- • The bridge course is successfully conducted in their schools
- • The suggestive timetable in the guidelines is adhered to
- • Necessary academic support is extended to respective teachers in transacting the bridge course.
- • The baseline and end line assessments are fair, and are conducted according to the timelines • Ensure availability of necessary TLM
All Monitoring Officers (RJDSEs, DEOs, APCs and MEOs) must ensure that:
- 1. Awareness is created about the importance of bridge course among parents prior to the Bridge course in the form of Parent Teacher meeting and to ensure child attendance during the Bridge Course period from 16.03.2020 to 23.04.2020
- 2. Logistic support is extended to the teachers of primary schools to conduct the Course effectively.
- 3. Baseline, endline Assessment papers and study material are to be printed and supplied by the District Common Examination Board (DCEB) Secretaries as per the existing rates given for the question paper printing for classes 1-9, in coordination with DEOs.
- 4. Day-wise material, list of activities and soft copies of the assessment tool and Study material will be made available in google drive link which will be communicated by 28th February 2020.
- 5. A student kit (Rs. 200/- per kit) and school kit (Rs. 1500/- per kit) are to be purchased (TLM) for the Bridge course by the Headmasters, for which MEOs will be given funds and the details of the TLM to be used will be shared in the Study material.
- 6. MEO are directed to make arrangements for Audio Visual time by arranging Smart TV with Internet facility (or) TV with DVD facility (or) TV with Pen drive for rent during the Bridge course period.
- 7. A rental charge of Not more than 5000 Rupees will be given per school for the AV arrangements.
- 8. A meeting with the Parents committee to be arranged by the HM in consultation with MEO for the arrangements of AV. Also, sponsors or rent free supply of TV for these periods by the Parents committee is also welcomed.
- 9. A mega Parent Teacher Meeting is to be arranged on the 23rd of May, where the results of the endline assessment will be announced by the Teachers to the Parents and to be concluded with a Valedictory note.
- 18. The expenditure shall be admitted to the intervention of learning enhancement program under quality interventions of Samgara shiksha project for the year 2019-2020.
- 16-Mar Monday Baseline Test
- 17-Mar Tuesday My home
- 18-Mar Wednesday My home
- 19-Mar Thursday Myself
- 20-Mar Friday Myself
- 21-Mar Saturday Plants
- 23-Mar Monday Plants
- 24-Mar Tuesday Festivals
- 26-Mar Thursday Festivals
- 27-Mar Friday Animals
- 28-Mar Saturday Animals
- 30-Mar Monday Fruits & vegetables
- 31-Mar Tuesday Fruits & vegetables
- 01-Apr Wednesday Flowers
- 03-Apr Friday Flowers
- 04-Apr Saturday Objects at home/classroom
- 06-Apr Monday Objects at home/classroom
- 07-Apr Tuesday Games & material
- 08-Apr Wednesday Games & material
- 09-Apr Thursday Transport
- 11-Apr Saturday Transport
- 13-Apr Monday Places/ institutions
- 15-Apr Wednesday Places/ institutions
- 16-Apr Thursday Professions
- 17-Apr Friday Professions
- 18-Apr Saturday Nature
- 20-Apr Monday Feelings & descriptions
- 21-Apr Tuesday Feelings & descriptions
- 22-Apr Wednesday End line Test
- 23-Apr Thursday Valediction/Mega Parent-teacher meet