Andhra Pradesh Social Empowerment Fellowship program is an opportunity for India’s brightest and most promising youth, from the nation’s best universities and workplaces, to work in tandem with the government and support the design of innovative and self-sustainable solutions in the field of school education. Fellows get exposed to the grassroot realities of India’s education system and begin to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary to attain positions of leadership in education.
jnanabhumi.ap.gov.in Social Empowerment Fellowship 2019-20
The Fellows are provided a (1) week hands-on induction program on a rotating basis with the key staff. A further (1) week field level immersion program is designed to expose Fellows to district and field level operations. The fellows are then placed for the remainder of their term in one of the specific verticals mentioned in Annexure 1, where they will play a leadership role in identifying gaps and in designing and implementing relevant scalable programs. The specialised verticals where the fellows maybe placed will depend on requirement, aptitude and relevant qualification.
Fellows who showcase outstanding final outcomes maybe considered for appropriate longer- term engagements with the Government of Andhra Pradesh or its associated institutions. However, successful completion of the Fellowship per se does not confer any right on any candidate for any engagement with the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Social Empowerment Fellowship 2019 – JnanaBhumi
AP Social Empowerment Fellowship Qualifications:
The fellowship looks for passion and commitment of the candidate towards education and working with children. This is the primary qualification fellowship will be looking for, in a candidate.
- Candidate must possess a consistent track record of academic & workplace excellence and have showcased his/her potential for leadership.
- Performance in standardised examinations such as GRE/GATE/GMAT/CAT/NEET/ JEE/OTHER STATE, NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL EXAMINATIONS will be taken into consideration during the short listing of candidates. The candidates are encouraged to report the same in their CV.
- Professional certification obtained in relevant verticals are desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in data collection and synthesis of multiple data sources.
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Experience in implementing & monitoring Government Schemes/Programs
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Possess skills of analysis, planning, detail-orientation and self-disciplined implementation.
- Synthesize large quanta of data for deriving policy and program insights
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results in challenging internal and external environment.
- Ability to learn and adopt quickly.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective inter-personal skills, pro-activeness and comfortable working in multi-cultural and multi locational environment.
- Skills in planning, organization for delivering efficiently & successfully in tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Telugu preferred but not mandatory.
- Stay in Vijayawada is mandatory.
Education Criteria & Experience
- Masters with minimum 2 years of work experience.
- At least 60% marks in both Under Graduation and Post-Graduation.
- An indicative list of specialisations benchmarked to appropriate verticals include Education, Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Management, Social Work, Public Health, Computer Science/Computer Applications, Nutrition, and Psychology etc. from highly reputed national and international institutions.
- For some of the verticals the candidates must possess the qualifications as detailed below:
|Health & Nutrition|
|MBBS from highly reputed institute with minimum 2 years of|
|Sports & Extra- curricular programs||Should have at least participated in State Level Sports meet with minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Sports, NCC,|
Scouts etc. along with Maters Degree in Physical Education.
|Cultural & Co-|
|Masters in Fine Arts/Music/Art/Crafts with minimum 2 years|
of relevant experience.
|Green Initiatives||Bachelors of Horticulture or equivalent from reputed institute|
with minimum 2 years of relevant experience
However, applications from all specialisations and all institutions listed or not listed here will be considered on individual merit. Maximum eligible age limit for the Fellowship is 30. Only Indian nationals are eligible.
DURATION OF ENGAGEMENT: 2 years with half-yearly performance reviews.
PRIMARY LOCATION: Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
STIPEND (PER CANDIDATE):
- Year 1 stipend (Per Month) – ranges from INR 45,000 to INR 1,50,000 based on the candidate’s educational background and relevant work experience.
- For example, a B. Tech graduate from IIT Madras with masters from reputed national university with 2 years of relevant experience will get INR 90,000 (indicative) stipend per month.
- Maximum of 20% annual increment on above Total for Year 2 of Fellowship, based on performance.
- NB – The stipend may be modulated according to the candidate’s work experience and educational background.
SELECTION PROCESS AND TIMELINES
- Stage 1: Completion of online application and submission of CV at www.jnanabhumi.ap.gov.in
- Stage 2: Screening of submitted application by Department of Social Welfare.
- Stage 3: Following a review of the CV, the shortlisted candidate will be invited to the Panel interview
- Stage 4: Results announcement
- Stage 5: Verification of original documents and on-boarding.
For regular updates, please visit our website: www.jnanabhumi.ap.gov.in
For any further queries, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Complete Details: Click Here