CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on 5th July 2020 (Sunday) in 92 cities across the country
Application for candidate will be start from 24 January 2020 to 24 February 2020, Last Date of submission Fees 27 February 2020 Upto 3:30 PM.
- Date for Submission of On-line Application: 24-01-2020 to 24-02-2020
- Last date for submission of on-line Application: 24-02-2020
- Last date for submission of fee: 27-02-2020 (Before 15:30 Hrs.)
- Date of Examination: 5th July, 2020 (Sunday)
In accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of Section 23 of the RTE Act, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) vide Notification dated 23rd August, 2010 and 29th JULY, 2011 laid down the minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher for class I to VIII. It had been inter alia provided that one of the essential qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in any of the schools referred to in Clause (n) of section 2 of the RTE Act is that he/she should pass the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) which will be conducted by the appropriate Government in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE.
The rationale for including the TET as a minimum qualification for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher is as under:
- It would bring national standards and benchmark of teacher quality in the recruitment process;
- It would induce teacher education institutions and students from these institutions to further improve their performance standards;
- It would send a positive signal to all stakeholders that the Government lays special emphasis on teacher quality
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India has entrusted the responsibility of conducting the Central eacher Eligibility Test (CTET) to the Central Board of Secondary Education Delhi.
Candidates are advised to refer only authentic Text Books and syllabus suggested by NCTE for preparation in area of education For information on Syllabus, click on Information Bulletin.
Exam process is open, fair and transparent, qualifying CTET is purely on merit, capability and sincere preparation through authentic Text Books.
Read Complete Details: CTET 2020 – Notification, Schedule, Exam Dates, Online Application Form @ ctet.nic.in