About JNUEE (JNU Entrance Examination): Admission to JNU is based on the performance of candidates in the All India Level Entrance Examination. The final selection is based upon the performance in the CBT for all programmes of study, except M.Phil. and Ph.D. For Selection in M.Phil. and Ph.D. candidates are called for Viva voce and final merit list for selection is made with 70% weightage for CBT score and 30% weightage for Viva. For details kindly refer to the e-prospectus 2020-21.
About CEEB (Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology): Jawaharlal Nehru University has been conducting the Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology [CEEB] programme on behalf of Department of Biotechnology (DBT) for 54 participating Universities for admitting students to four Masters Programmes in Biotechnology i.e. M.Sc. Biotechnology [33 Universities], M. Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology [11 Universities], M. VSc. [03 Universities] and M. Tech. Biotechnology [07 Universities].
Scheme of Examination
|Mode of Examination||LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Question|
|Scoring||1, 2, 3 or 4 Marks for correct response (weightage of each question may vary for different programme)|
No negative marking for incorrect response
|Medium of Paper||ENGLISH ONLY (Language courses may have exception)|
FEE DETAILS AND IMPORTANT DATES
|Online Submission of Application Form (up to 11:50 pm of 15|
|March 2, 2020 to March 31, 2020|
|Last Date of Successful Transaction of Fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking up to 11:50 pm; through e-|
challan up to bank hours
|15 June, 2020|
Application Fee for JNUEE 2020 / CEEB 2020
|Fee Payable by candidates (CEEB) in INR|
|Foreign National||Rs. 2880/-*|
|*Plus GST as applicable|
Highlights of JNUEE 2020 / CEEB 2020
|Correction in Particulars of Application Form on Website only||22 to 28 April, 2020|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||10 May, 2020|
|Dates of Examination||27, 28, 29 and 30 May, 2020|
31 May as Reserve Day
|Duration of Examination||03 Hours|
|Timing of Examination||First Session: 09:30 am to 12:30 pm|
|Second Session: 02:30 pm to 05:30 pm|
|Centre, Date and Shift of Examination||As indicated on the Admit Card|
|Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Keys||To be announced later|
- Candidates can apply for JNUEE 2020 and CEEB 2020 “Online” only on the website https://ntajnu.nic.in .
- Online Application Form may be submitted by accessing NTA website https://ntajnu.nic.in. The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted, in any case.
Syllabus for the test
The Question Papers for the test (JNUEE 2020 and CEEB 2020) shall be based on the syllabus prescribed by the JNU which is available at website https://jnu.ac.in/admission/e-prospectus-2020-20.pdf and https://ntajnu.nic.in.
The Minimum Age limit for B.A. (Hons.) Programme is 17 years as on 1 October 2020. There is no age bar for any other programme.
Last date of successful transaction of fee: 16.04.2020.
Dates of Examination: 27, 28, 29 and 30 May, 2020 (31 May as Reserve Day).
Admit Card for JNUEE and CEEB 2020
- The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to their satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- The candidate has to download the Admit Card from the NTA website w.e.f. 10 May, 2020 onwards and appear for the Examination at the given Centre on Date and Shift (Timing) as indicated in their Admit Card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to them in their Admit card.
- In case candidates are unable to download Admit Cards from the website, the candidate should approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm from 01 May, 2020 to 17 May, 2020.
- The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established as a premier, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions.
To assess competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.