The State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) Odisha is started Application Process for the National Means cum Merit Scholarship (NMMS) Exam 2023 on 5th August 2023. Eligible and Interested Students can NMMS Odisha 2023 on the official website at ntse.scertodisha.nic.in. Odisha NMMS 2023 will be held on 5th November 2023.
Odisha NMMS 2023 Exam will be conducted for 3,314 scholarships for the students studying Class 8 in the State. The Last Date for Odisha NMMS 2023 Registrations is 31st August 2023.
- Odisha NMMS 2023 Notification
- Odisha NMMS 2023 Summary
- Odisha NMMS 2023: Important Dates
- Odisha NMMS 2023: Eligibility Criteria
- Who is Not Eligible for Odisha NMMS 2023 Scholorship
- Odisha NMMS 2023: Document Required
- Odisha NMMS 2023 Application Fee
- Odisha NMMS 2023 Exam Pattern
- Odisha NMMS 2023 Examination Subjects :
- Odisha NMMS 2023 Syllabus
- Odisha NMMS 2023 Selection Procedure
- Odisha NMMS 2023 Examination Centre
- Odisha NMMS 2023 Continuation of Scholarship
- How to Apply for Odisha NMMS 2023
- Odisha NMMS 2023 Important Links
Odisha NMMS 2023 Notification
Applications are invited for 3314 number of National Means-cum- Merit Scholarship (distributed among 30 districts) from the eligible students studying in Class VIII in Government / Government Aided in the State of Odisha. The Examination shall be held on November 05th, 2023 (Sunday) as per details given below.
Odisha NMMS 2023 Summary
|Exam Name||Odisha NMMS 2023 Exam|
|Conducted by||State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) Odisha|
|Type of Exam||Scholarship Exam|
|Exam Date||5th November 2023|
|No. of Scholarships||3314|
Odisha NMMS 2023: Important Dates
|Starting Date of Odisha NMMS 2023 Application||5th August 2023|
|Last date for Odisha NMMS 2023 Registration||31st August 2023|
|NMMS 2023 Admit Card Release Date||October 10, 2023 to November 5, 2023|
|Odisha NMMS 2023 Exam Date||5th November 2023|
|NMMS 2023 Results Date||December 2023|
Odisha NMMS 2023: Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have secured at least 55% marks for general, SEBC and 50% for reserved category (SC, ST, PH) in the Class 7 annual examination or its equivalent.
- Students must be studying in Class 8 during the academic session, 2023-2024 in government / government-aided schools of the state.
- Student’s parental annual income from all sources should not be more than Rs 3,50,000
Who is Not Eligible for Odisha NMMS 2023 Scholorship
Scholarships are not available to students attending government residential schools like Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, ST and SC development department residential schools, KGBV, etc.
Odisha NMMS 2023: Document Required
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- Disability Certificate (UDID Card) for Physically Handicapped Candidates issued by the concerned District Medical Board.
- Recent parental income certificate for all candidates
- Children of the Ration Card / Annapurna / Antyodaya / Mo Kudia Yojana family can produce the supporting document. They need not produce an income certificate.
Odisha NMMS 2023 Application Fee
The candidates are not required to pay any examination fee. However, they shall have to bear their own expenses for coming and going to Examination Centre to appear the examination.
Odisha NMMS 2023 Exam Pattern
Two of the papers in NMMS 2023 are the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and the Mental Ability Test (MAT).
Odisha NMMS 2023 Examination Subjects :
The NMMS, 2023-2024 shall comprise two papers :
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) consisting of 90 multiple choice items with four choices on reasoning and critical thinking to be answered in 90 minutes. The questions may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern, perception, hidden figures etc.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) consisting of 90 multiple choice items with four choices from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, History, Geography, Political Science and Economics to be answered in 90 minutes
Odisha NMMS 2023 Syllabus
There is no syllabus for NMMS Examination. However, questions shall be asked on the basis of syllabi of Classes VII and VIII.
Odisha NMMS 2023 Selection Procedure
The qualifying mark for General and SEBC is 40% in aggregate of both of the papers, i.e., MAT and SAT. For reserved category (SC, ST, PH), this qualifying mark is 32% in aggregate of both papers. The Merit List shall be prepared taking the total marks in both the papers secured by the candidate.
Odisha NMMS 2023 Examination Centre
Government Colleges / Government High Schools / Elementary Teacher Training Institutes located in district headquarters shall be the Examination Centres.
Odisha NMMS 2023 Continuation of Scholarship
Selected candidates shall receive scholarship @ Rs.1000.00 per month for four years i.e. from Class IX to Class XII subject to satisfactory academic progress and continuance in institutions of eligible category and registration in NSP.
- The awardees should get promotion from Class VIII to Class IX for being eligible to get the scholarship.
- No scholarship at this stage is payable for studying Diploma / Certificate level Courses.
- For continuing the scholarship in Class X and XII the awardees should get clear promotion from Class IX to Class X and from Class XI to Class XII in the first attempt.
- The awardees must obtain a minimum of 60 percent marks in Class X (relaxable by 5% for reserved category) examination or equivalent examination for continuation of the scholarship at higher secondary stage.
- Selected students have to submit their continuance certificate and mark sheet of last annual examination in the concerned school every year, after opening of NSP for renewal of their scholarship. Otherwise, they shall be exempted from getting their scholarship.
- Candidate will apply online for fresh in class-ix/renewal registration for class-x to xii in NSP. Then the concerned Institute and District shall verify the details through National Scholarship Portal every year after examining the eligibility for the continuance of the scholarship.
How to Apply for Odisha NMMS 2023
The candidate can fill up the Online Application Form by logging www.ntse.scertodisha.nic.in. After filling up of the Application Form online, the candidate is required to take the print of the same and submit it to the concerned Headmasters. Application must be completed in all respects including Declaration by the Parent regarding Income and Caste. The Headmaster shall forward it to the concerned District Education Officer after thorough verification. The District Education Officer shall allot the Examination Centre, scrutinize and verify all the documents and put the auto generated twelve-digit roll number and validate the Online Application Form. The Admit Card shall be prepared at TE and SCERT which can be downloaded by the Candidates / Institution for appearing the Examination.
Odisha NMMS 2023 Important Links
|Odisha NMMS 2023 Notification Guidelines- Odisha||Click Here|
|Odisha NMMS 2023 Notification Guidelines- English||Click Here|
|NMMS 2023 Application||Click Here|