The Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) shall be awarded by Palamuru University in the Faculties of Arts, Social Sciences, Sciences and in such other faculties as may be notified in future, in accordance with the provisions of these rules and regulations in current or amended form and subject to the conditions laid down herein.
23. General Regulations
- On selection for admission, candidates shall be required to pay the prescribed fee as per the Palamuru University criteria and deposits. The fee and deposits have to be paid on or before 31st July every academic year, till the successful completion of the programme and submission of thesis or cancellation of the admission as the case may be. If the fee is not paid by the stipulated due date, late fee of Rs.500/- will be levied. Non-payment of the prescribed fee beyond the extended due date will lead to the cancellation of admission without any prior notice to the candidate.
- Mode of Fee Payment for Full-Time as well as External Candidates is year-wise before 31st July of every year. Payment must be made in the form of crossed DD in favour of ‘The Registrar, Palamuru University’, payable at Mahabubnagar from any nationalized
- A candidate must write his name, registration number and complete address (E-mail ID & Contact no.) at the back of the DD.
- Fee receipts must be preserved till the scholar receives Provisional Certificate/Original Degree.
- In the case of candidates who will not be able to complete Ph.D. even after the stipulated time period of six years and with further extension of one more year i.e within seven years, they have to pay the existing annual fee at that time for the students admitted during that period.
- In the event of cancellation of Ph.D. registration by the candidate on his/her request or by University for any reason, the entire fee amount due must be cleared by the candidate for the return of his/her original certificates.
- A candidate must clear all the fee dues before Seminar II (Pre Viva Voce)
- If by any reason a candidate takes his/her Original Certificates temporarily from the office during the course of research work, the original certificates must be returned within the stipulated time otherwise their admission is liable to be cancelled.
- The academic regulations should be read as a whole for purposes of any interpretation.
- In case of any doubt or ambiguity in the interpretation of the above rules, the decision of the Vice Chancellor with the recommendation of the RAC is final.
- The University reserves the right to alter the regulations from time to time as and when necessary.
- The Vice Chancellor may, on the recommendation of the Supervisor and the Head of the Department, permit a candidate to work elsewhere for not more than six (6) months, if it is in the interest of his/ her research work. In exceptional cases, his/ her stay, outside the University may be extended for a further period of six months.
- The Head of the Department on the recommendation of the Supervisor may grant a leave for FOUR (4) weeks to the candidate during a calendar year.
- Re-registration into the Ph.D. programme for the candidates who have completed 6 years will be made by the RAC provided there is no change of topic or the guide. The re-registration will be effective from the date the candidate completes 6 years. The candidate shall pay a re- registration fee. The candidate will be exempted from Pre-Ph. D. examination and may submit his/ her thesis any time within ONE (1) year.