Andhra Pradesh is endowed with agrarian, natural, and mineral resources with the second longest coastline (974 km) in the country. The State is seen as the gateway for the growing markets and promising opportunities, opening its doors for investments in various sectors. The Government believes that a holistic and sustainable approach to state’s development is one that balances material and non-material values with the conviction that happiness of its people is the supreme goal. Recognizing the achievements and contributions to the Public Service is one of the important objectives of the Government. The ultimate goal of Government remains and will continue to be the well-being and satisfaction of its citizenry. In order to acknowledge and reward outstanding contributions to public service, the Government of Andhra Pradesh have initiated ‘YSR Life Time Awards for Public Service’.
The award is aimed to recognize work of any distinction and is given for distinguished and exceptional achievements/service in all fields of activities/disciplines mentioned below. The award is normally not conferred posthumously. However, in highly deserving cases, the Government could consider giving an award posthumously.
- Social work (includes social service, charitable service, contribution in community projects etc.)
- Public Affairs (includes Law, Public Life, Politics etc.)
- Science & Engineering (includes Space Engineering, Nuclear Science, Information Technology, Research & Development in Science & its allied subjects etc.)
- Trade & Industry (includes Banking, Economic Activities, Management, Promotion of Tourism, Business etc.)
- Excellence and Contributions to print media that includes, Editors, Journalists, etc
- Excellence and Contributions to Electronic media
- Medicine (includes medical research, distinction/specialization in Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Sidhha, Allopathy, Naturopathy etc.)
- Art, Literature & Education (includes Journalism, Teaching, Book composing, Literature, Poetry, Promotion of education, Promotion of literacy, Education Reforms etc.)
- Civil Service (includes distinction/excellence in administration etc. by Government Servants)
- Sports (includes popular Sports, Athletics, Adventure, Mountaineering, promotion of sports, Yoga etc.)
- Others (fields not covered above and may include propagation of Andhra Pradesh Culture, Protection of Human Rights, Wild Life protection/conservation etc.)
All nominations received for ‘YSR Life Time Awards for Public Service’ will be placed before the YSR Life Time Awards Recommendation Committee, which is constituted by the Chief Minister every year. The Committee will be headed by the Principal Secretary (Political) and includes three other Secretaries as nominated by the Chief Minister. Middle Level Officer General Administration (Poll) Department will be the Convener of the Committee.
Two months before presenting the awards, the committee will invite recommendations. The nominations received in this regard will be placed before the Awards Committee for its’ consideration. The recommendations of the committee will be submitted to the Chief Minister for approval and his decision is final.
The award will be presented by the Chief Minister on 15th August and 26th January every year where the awardees are presented with Rs.10 lakhs cash prize and citation signed by the Chief Minister. The total number of awards to be given in a year should not be more than 100 and will come into force from the year 2020 onwards.
This order issues with the concurrence of Finance Department vide their U.O. No. FMU0PC/37/2019-(Computer No.1014747) dated:29.10.2019.
Download GO MS No. 137 – Click Here
You may Also Like
- Anantapur District Jobs 2020 ananthapuramu.ap.gov.in District | Coordinator Merit List
- TC Not Required in AP Schools for Admissions 2020-21: Orders & Instructions Issued
- DD Saptagiri AP 1st-10th Lessons Schedule [SEP 2020] YouTube Links
- AP Schools Academic Calendar 2020-21: Primary, UP High Schools ఏపి విద్యావిషయక క్యాలెండర్ Download pdf