CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus is here for Academic Year 2023-24. All Students must Download This CBSE 10th Maths Syllabus / Exam Pattern Here. Read the Article Completely.
- CBSE Class 10th Maths Syllabus 2023-24
- Highlights of CBSE Class 10th Maths Syllabus 2023-24
- CBSE Class 10th Maths Exam Pattern 2023-24
- CBSE Class 10 Maths Chapter-Wise Weightage 2023-24
- Internal Assessment – 20 Marks
- CBSE 10th Maths 2023: Typology of Questions
- CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2023-24 Download PDF
- Direct Link to Download CBSE Class 10th Maths 2023-24
- Click Here to Download CBSE Class 10 Syllabus (Term Wise) for 2023-24
CBSE Class 10th Maths Syllabus 2023-24
CBSE Class 10th Maths Syllabus 2023-24 is available here in this page. The officials of CBSE has Released the CBSE Class X Maths Syllabus 2023 in the official site @ cbseacademic.nic.in. So all the students who are looking for the CBSE Class 10th Maths Syllabus can able to Download CBSE Class 10th Math Syllabus. Here we have provided the CBSE Class 10th Maths Syllabus 2022.
Highlights of CBSE Class 10th Maths Syllabus 2023-24
|Board Name||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Class Name||Class 10th Maths|
CBSE Class 10th Maths Exam Pattern 2023-24
The Syllabus in the subject of Mathematics has undergone changes from time to time in accordance with growth of the subject and emerging needs of the society. The present revised syllabus has been designed in accordance with National Curriculum Framework 2005 and as per guidelines given in the Focus Group on Teaching of Mathematics which is to meet the emerging needs of all categories of students. For motivating the teacher to relate the topics to real life problems and other subject areas, greater emphasis has been laid on applications of various concepts.
The curriculum at Secondary stage primarily aims at enhancing the capacity of students to employ Mathematics in solving day-to-day life problems and studying the subject as a separate discipline. It is expected that students should acquire the ability to solve problems using algebraic methods and apply the knowledge of simple trigonometry to solve problems of height and distances. Carrying out experiments with numbers and forms of geometry, framing hypothesis and verifying these with further observations form inherent part of Mathematics learning at this stage. The proposed curriculum includes the study of number system, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, mensuration, statistics, graphs and coordinate geometry, etc.
The teaching of Mathematics should be imparted through activities which may involve the use of concrete materials, models, patterns, charts, pictures, posters, games, puzzles and experiments.
The maths question paper includes 30 questions divided into 4 parts, Very Short Answer Type (VSA) Questions- 6 questions of 1 mark each, Short Answer Type Questions I – 6 questions of 2 marks each, Short answer type questions II – 10 questions of 3 marks each and Long Answer Type Questions – 8 questions of 4 marks each.
CBSE Class 10 Maths Chapter-Wise Weightage 2023-24
|Unit 1||Number Systems||6 Marks|
|1.||Real Numbers||6 Marks|
|Unit 2||Algebra||20 Marks|
|2.||Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables||3 Marks|
|3.||Quadratic Equations||9 Marks|
|4.||Arithmetic Progressions||4 Marks|
|Unit 3||Coordinate Geometry||6 Marks|
|1.||Coordinate Geometry||6 Marks|
|Unit 4||Geometry||15 Marks|
|Unit 5||Trigonometry||12 Marks|
|1.||Introduction to Trigonometry||4 Marks|
|2.||Trigonometric Identities||4 Marks|
|3.||Heights and Distances||4 Marks|
|Unit 6||Mensuration||10 Marks|
|1.||Areas Related to Circles||4 Marks|
|2.||Surface Areas and Volumes||6 Marks|
|Unit 7||Statistics and Probability||11 Marks|
Internal Assessment – 20 Marks
|Pen-Paper Test||5 Marks|
|Multiple Assessment||5 Marks|
|Lab Practical||5 Marks|
CBSE 10th Maths 2023: Typology of Questions
MATHEMATICS-Standard QUESTION PAPER DESIGN
|Type of Question||Weightage Distribution in Marks||Weightage Distribution in Percentage|
|Remembering and Understanding||43 Marks||54%|
|Analyzing, Evaluating, and Creating||18 Marks||22%|
MATHEMATICS-Basic QUESTION PAPER DESIGN CLASS – X (2023-24)
|Type of Question||Weightage Distribution in Marks||Weightage Distribution in Percentage|
|Remembering and Understanding||60 Marks||75%|
|Analyzing, Evaluating, and Creating||8 Marks||10%|
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2023-24 Download PDF
UNIT I: NUMBER SYSTEMS
1. REAL NUMBER (15 Periods)
Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic – statements after reviewing work done earlier and after illustrating and motivating through examples, Proofs of irrationality of √2, √3, √5
UNIT II: ALGEBRA
1. POLYNOMIALS (8 Periods)
Zeros of a polynomial. Relationship between zeros and coefficients of quadratic polynomials.
2. PAIR OF LINEAR EQUATIONS IN TWO VARIABLES (15 Periods)
Pair of linear equations in two variables and graphical method of their solution, consistency/inconsistency.
Algebraic conditions for number of solutions. Solution of a pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically – by substitution, by elimination. Simple situational problems.
3. QUADRATIC EQUATIONS (15 Periods)
Standard form of a quadratic equation ax2 + bx + c = 0, (a ≠ 0). Solutions of quadratic equations (only real roots) by factorization, and by using quadratic formula.
Relationship between discriminant and nature of roots. Situational problems based on quadratic equations related to day to day activities to be incorporated.
4. ARITHMETIC PROGRESSIONS (10 Periods)
Motivation for studying Arithmetic Progression Derivation of the nth term and sum of the first n terms of A.P. and their application in solving daily life problems.
UNIT III: COORDINATE GEOMETRY
Coordinate Geometry (15 Periods)
Review: Concepts of coordinate geometry, graphs of linear equations. Distance formula. Section formula (internal division).
UNIT IV: GEOMETRY
1. TRIANGLES (15 Periods)
Definitions, examples, counter examples of similar triangles.
- (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
- (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third side.
- (Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles are proportional, the two triangles are similar.
2. CIRCLES (10 Periods)
Tangent to a circle at, point of contact
- (Prove) The tangent at any point of a circle is perpendicular to the radius through the point of contact.
- (Prove) The lengths of tangents drawn from an external point to a circle are equal.
UNIT V: TRIGONOMETRY
1. INTRODUCTION TO TRIGONOMETRY (10 Periods)
Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle. Proof of their existence (well defined); motivate the ratios whichever are defined at 0o and 90o. Values of the trigonometric ratios of 300 , 450 and 600. Relationships between the ratios.
2. TRIGONOMETRIC IDENTITIES (15 Periods)
Proof and applications of the identity sin2A + cos2A = 1. Only simple identities to be given.
3. HEIGHTS AND DISTANCES: Angle of elevation, Angle of Depression. (10 Periods)
Simple problems on heights and distances. Problems should not involve more than two right triangles. Angles of elevation/depression should be only 30°, 45°, and 60°.
UNIT VI: MENSURATION
1. AREAS RELATED TO CIRCLES (12 Periods)
Area of sectors and segments of a circle. Problems based on areas and perimeter/circumference of the above said plane figures. (In calculating the area of segment of a circle, problems should be restricted to central angle of 60°, 90° and 120° only.
2. SURFACE AREAS AND VOLUMES (12 Periods)
Surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/cones.
UNIT VII: STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
1. STATISTICS (18 Periods)
Mean, median and mode of grouped data (bimodal situation to be avoided).
2. PROBABILITY (10 Periods)
Classical definition of probability. Simple problems on finding the probability of an event.
- Mathematics – Textbook for class IX – NCERT Publication
- Mathematics – Textbook for class X – NCERT Publication
- Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, class IX – CBSE Publication
- Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, class X – CBSE Publication
- Laboratory Manual – Mathematics, secondary stage – NCERT Publication
- Mathematics exemplar problems for class IX, NCERT publication.
- Mathematics exemplar problems for class X, NCERT publication.
For More Educational News Updates, Join us on Twitter | Follow us on Google News | Join Our WhatsApp Groups | Connect with our Telegram Channel
More From The Section
- CBSE 10th Date Sheet 2024 (Out) Download CBSE Class 10 Time Table
- CTET January 2024 Application Form, Eligibility, Dates
- CBSE Class 9 Syllabus 2023-24 PDF (Revised) Subject wise Class 9th Lessons
- NCERT New Books 2023-24 for Class 1 to 12 PDF Download
- CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2023-24 for All Subjects PDF Download