CLAT 2020 Application: CLAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern PDF
CLAT Notification 2020 CLAT Application 2020 CLAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern CLAT Admit Card, Exam Date, CLAT Answer Key, CLAT Final Merit List: CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. CLAT is an Entrance Test for Law Admissions. It is National Level Entrance Exam. The National Law Universities (NLU) conducted the CLAT Admission Test on Rotational basis. This Year the CLAT Exam Is Conducted by National University of Advanced Legal studies (NUALS) kochi. The Candidates who are seeking to get admission for 3 years of LLB Program and 5 years of LLM Program in 19 NLU Universities and Private Law schools can apply for this entrance exam.
CLAT Entrance Exam is conducted for Under Graduate (UG) Programme and Post Graduate (PG) Programme. The CLAT Exam will be conducted on May 12, 2020. The Examination is will organized through offline (Paper-Pen) mode.
CLAT Online Application Form
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted by NUAL University, Kochi. The CLAT official Notification is released on 20th Dec 2018. The Application Process of CLAT Entrance Test 2020 will start from 13th Jan 2018. So, the Registration link will be activated on 13/01/2020. And the application link will deactivate on 31/03/2020. So the Interested candidates can apply for CLAT Entrance Exam 2020. The CLAT is a test to get the admission in BSc LLB (Hons), BA LLB (Hons), BBA LLB (Hons), BSW LLB (Hons), BCom LLB (Hons) and LLM programmes. Intermediate Graduates can apply for LLB (UG) Program and Law Graduate can apply for the LLM (PG) Program. The LLM Program will be for 1 year and LLB Program will be for 5 years.
Complete Information About CLAT 2020
|University Name||National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS, Kochi)|
|Name of the Exam||Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)|
|Category||Application Form, Admit Card, Syllabus|
|Exam Level||National level Entrance Test|
|Exam Date||12th May 2020|
|Official Site||clat.ac.in or clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in|
Important Dates of CLAT Admission Exam 2020
|CLAT Notification Released Date||20th Dec 2019|
|Application Starting Date||13th Jan 2020|
|Applications Closing Date||31st March 2020|
|Admit Card Release Date||26th April 2020|
|Exam Date||12th May 2020|
|Answer Key Release Date||15th May 2020|
|Results Release Date||May 31st to June 30, 2020|
CLAT Eligibility Criteria:
UG (LLB) Programme:
- Age Limit: There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2018.
- As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty-five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) categories.
- Applicants who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2018 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2018 online examination. However, they shall be required to produce evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate not eligible for admission to the Law Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of the tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component /section on legal aptitude in the CLAT-2020 exam;
- Higher age;
- A computerized draw of lots.
PG (LLM) Programme:
- Age Limit: No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT-2020.
- The candidates must have a minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination [i.e. LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/any other equivalent exams] as under:
- Fifty-five percent (55%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories, and
- Fifty percent (50%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) categories.
- The candidate must have passed/appeared in the final semester/final year examination of the qualifying examination on the date of his/her admission.
- In case of candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination, he/she may submit his/her final result of qualifying examination within the time frame prescribed by the respective University/Institute. Till then such candidates may be given provisional admission.
- In case of equal marks, the break of the tie shall be by procedure and order as under:
- Higher age;
- A computerized draw of lots.
CLAT Application Process 2020
- First, the candidates visit the Official Website clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
- Find the Registration link
- Register with entering Basic Information to get Registration ID & Password
- Login to the website using Login ID & Password
- Upload Signature & Photograph Documents with the required size
|Photograph||20kb – 50kb (JPEG)|
|Signature||10kb – 20kb (JPEG)|
- And enter Personal Details like Name, Parents Name, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID, Gender, and others. And also give Qualification Details like Board of the Institution, Year of Passing, Aggregate, and other details
- Pay the Application fee through online using Credit Card/ Debit Card or through offline (Bank Challan)
NOTE: Before going to Submission of application form candidates can check complete details. Because once if you submit it cannot change later stages
CLAT Admit Card 2020 Downloading Process:
The Candidates who are Applied to the CLAT Entrance Exam 2020 are can download the CLAT Admit Card 2020 through the official website. The Officials of NUALS University, Kochi will publish the Admit Cards on 26th April 2020. The Direct Download link of CLAT Admit card is given below of this page.
- The candidates visit the Official website
- search and find the Admit Card Link on the home page
- Click on it
- Enter required Details like Login ID & Password
- CLAT Admit card 2020 is open on the Screen
- Check the Details and download it
- Take a printout of CLAT Admit card to Attend the Exam
CLAT Exam Pattern 2020
CLAT Exam Pattern for UG (LLB) Program 2020
|S.No||Exam Type||Topics||No of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|Logical Reasoning||40||40|| |
|3||Maths (Numerical Ability)||20||20|
|4||General Knowledge|| |
|6||English (Including Comprehension)||40||40|
NOTE: There will be a Negative Marking for Each wrong Answer
CLAT Syllabus for PG (LLM) Programme
|S. No||Exam Type||Topics||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|Constitutional Law||50||50|| |
|Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR||50||50|
|Total||150||150 Marks||120 Minutes|
NOTE: There Will be 0.25 Negative Marking for each wrong answer
Links Related to CLAT Admission Test 2020
|Official Website||Click Here|
|CLAT Application Form 2020||Click Here (Activated soon)|
|CLAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2020||Click Here|