APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2023 Prelims and Mains: The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission has issued the APPSC Group 2 Recruitment 2023. The candidates who are going to apply are able to download the APPSC Group 2 Syllabus. Here we gave the complete information about APPSC Group 2 Syllabus and exam Pattern from this web page. A huge number of applicants applied for this post. For this APPSC Group 2 exam the competition is very high. Interested aspirants can able to download the APPSC Group 2 Syllabus. Read the complete article we mentioned the complete details of APPSC Group 2 Syllabus PDF 2023.
- APPSC Group II Recruitment 2023
- APPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern 2023
- APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
- APPSC GROUP-2 SCREENING TEST SYLLABUS
- Related Posts
- APPSC Group 2 Syllabus for Main Examination
- Paper -I (150 Marks)
- Section A:: SOCIAL AND CULTURAL HISTORY OF ANDHRA PRADESH.(75M)
- Section B:: INDIAN CONSTITUTION (75M)
- PAPER –II (150M)
- SECTION – A:: INDIAN AND AP ECONOMY (75M)
- SECTION- B:: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (75M)
- Download APPSC GROUP II Syllabus PDF
APPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern 2023
The applicants who are going to apply for the APPSC Group 2 Recruitment are able to check the APPSC Group 2 exam Pattern from here. The candidates may also check the exam pattern from the official website @ psc.ap.gov.in. Already the APPSC has announced the exam pattern and syllabus for the applied candidates.
The APPSC Group 2 exam paper consists of total of 450 marks. 150 marks for a screening test, and the paper divides into 3 parts. Each paper contains 150 marks. APPSC Group 2 Exam Paper covers topics like General Studies, Mental Ability, and Social etc. So on. We mentioned the detailed Exam pattern in tabular form.
General Studies & Mental Ability
Planning in India and Indian Economy Contemporary problems and Developments in Rural Society with special reference to Andhra Pradesh.
APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
Hello aspirants APPSC has bring the upcoming notification and the candidates who are interested and eligible fill the application forms in online. The candidates after filling the application forms who are you waiting for the APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2023. If yes you can relax now. We are helping to bring out the complete syllabus of APPSC Group 2 Exam in a detailed manner. The candidates who are going to fill the application forms are able to download the APPSC Group 2 Syllabus from here in this web page. The candidates who want to do jobs are able to download the syllabus from here. The APPSC Group 2 Syllabus is also available in PDF format.
APPSC GROUP-2 SCREENING TEST SYLLABUS
In the first stage, the prelims (screening) exam will be conducted for 150 marks from General Studies & Mental Ability only.
General Studies & Mental Ability: Total 150 Marks
|INDIAN HISTORY||30 Marks|
|INDIAN SOCIETY||30 Marks|
|CURRENT AFFAIRS||30 Marks|
|MENTAL ABILITY||30 Marks|
INDIAN HISTORY (30M)
- Ancient History: Salient features of Indus Valley Civilization and Vedic age – Emergency of Buddhism and Jainism – Mauryan Empire and Gupta Empire: Their administration, Socio-Economic and Religious Conditions, Art and Architecture, Literature – Harshavardhana and his Achievements.
- Medieval History: The Chola Administrative System – Delhi Sultanate and The Mughal Empire: Their Administration, Socio-Economic and Religious Conditions, Art and Architecture, Language and Literature – Bhakti and Sufi Movements – Shivaji and the rise of Maratha Empire -Advent of Europeans.
- Modern History: 1857 Revolt and its Impact – Rise and Consolidation of British Power in India – Changes in Administration, Social and Cultural Spheres – Social and Religious Reform Movements in the 19th and 20thCentury – Indian National Movement: it’s various stages and important contributors and contributions from different parts of the country – Post Independence Consolidation and Reorganization within the country.
- General and Physical Geography: The Earth in our Solar System – Interior of the Earth – Major Landforms and their features – Climate: Structure and Composition of Atmosphere-Ocean Water: Tides, Waves, Currents – India and Andhra Pradesh: Major Physiographic features, Climate, Drainage System, Soils and Vegetation – Natural Hazards and Disasters and their Management.
- Economic Geography of India and AP: Natural resources and their distribution – Agriculture and Agro-based Activities – Distribution of Major Industries and Major Industrial Regions. Transport, Communication, Tourism and Trade.
- Human Geography of India and AP: Human Development – Demographics – Urbanization and Migration – Racial, Tribal, Religious and Linguistic groups.
INDIAN SOCIETY (30M)
- Structure of Indian Society: Family, Marriage, Kinship, Caste, Tribe, Ethnicity, Religion and Women
- Social Issues: Casteism, Communalism and Regionalisation, Crime against Women, Child Abuse and Child Labour, Youth Unrest and Agitation
- Welfare Mechanism: Public Policies and Welfare Programmes, Constitutional and Statutory Provisions for Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes, Minorities, BCs, Women, Disabled and Children.
Major Current Events and Issues pertaining to
- National and
- State of Andhra Pradesh
MENTAL ABILITY (30M)
- Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive): Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statement and Conclusion, Statement and Courses of Action.
- Mental Ability: Number Series, Letter Series, Odd Man out, Coding – Decoding, Problems relating to Relations, Shapes and their Sub Sections.
- Basic Numeracy: Number System, Order of Magnitude, Averages, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Work and Time and Distance. Data Analysis (Tables, bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart).
APPSC Group I Syllabus 2023 – Download APPSC Group I Prelims Mains Exam Pattern Syllabus PDF @ psc.ap.gov.in
APPSC Group 3 Panchayat Secretary Syllabus 2023 – Download APPSC Group III Panchayat Secretary Exam Pattern PDF @ psc.ap.gov.in
APPSC Group 2 Syllabus for Main Examination
Paper -I (150 Marks)
Section A:: SOCIAL AND CULTURAL HISTORY OF ANDHRA PRADESH.(75M)
- Pre – Historic Cultures – The Satavahanas, The Ikshvakus: Socio-Economic and Religious Conditions, Literature, Art and Architecture – The Vishnukundins, The Eastern Chalukyas of Vengi, Andhra Cholas: Society, Religion, Telugu Language, Art and Architecture.
- Various Major and minor dynasties that ruled Andhradesa between 11th and 16th centuries A.D. – Socio-Religious and Economic Conditions, Growth of Telugu Language and Literature, Art and Architecture in Andhradesa between 11th to 16th centuries A.D.
- Advent of Europeans – Trade centers – Andhra under the Company – 1857 Revolt and its Impact on Andhra – Establishment of British Rule – Socio-Cultural Awakening, Justice Party/Self Respect Movement – Growth of Nationalist Movement in Andhra between 1885 to 1947 – Role of Socialists – Communists – Anti-Zamindari and Kisan Movements – Growth of Nationalist Poetry, Revolutionary Literature, Nataka Samasthalu and Women Participation.
- Origin and Growth of Andhra Movement – Role of Andhra Mahasabhas – Prominent Leaders – Events leading to the formation of Andhra State 1953 – Role of Press and News Papers in the Andhra Movement – Role of Library Movement and Folk and Tribal Culture.
- Events leading to the Formation of Andhra Pradesh State – Visalandhra Mahasabha – States Reorganization Commission and its Recommendations – Gentlemen Agreement – Important Social and Cultural Events between 1956 to 2014.
Section B:: INDIAN CONSTITUTION (75M)
6. Nature of Indian Constitution – Constitutional Development – Salient features of Indian Constitution – Preamble – Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy and their relationship – Fundamental Duties – Amendment of the Constitution- Basic Structure of the Constitution.
7. Structure and Functions of Indian Government – Legislative, Executive, and Judiciary – Types of Legislatures: Unicameral, Bicameral – Executive – Parliamentary – Judiciary – Judicial review – Judicial Activism.
8. Distribution of Legislative and Executive Powers between the Union and the States; Legislative, Administrative and Financial Relations between the Union and the States – Powers and Functions of Constitutional Bodies – Human Rights Commission – RTI – Lokpal and Lok Ayukta.
9. Center-State Relations – Need for Reforms – Rajmannar Committee, Sarkaria Commission, M.M.Punchchi Commission – Unitary and Federal features of Indian Constitution – Indian Political Parties – Party System in India – Recognition of National and State Parties – Elections and Electoral Reforms – Anti-Defection Law.
10. Centralization Vs Decentralization – Community Development Programme – Balwant Rai Mehta, Ashok Mehta Committees – 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendment Acts and their Implementation.
PAPER –II (150M)
SECTION – A:: INDIAN AND AP ECONOMY (75M)
1.Structure of Indian Economy, Economic Planning and Policy:
National Income of India: Concept and Measurement of National Income – Occupational Pattern and Sectoral Distribution of Income in India – Economic Growth and Economic Development – Strategy of Planning in India – New Economic Reforms 1991 – Decentralization of Financial Resources – NITI Aayog.
2. Money, Banking, Public Finance and Foreign Trade:
Functions and Measures of Money Supply – Reserve Bank of India (RBI): Functions, Monetary Policy and Control of Credit – Indian Banking: Structure, Development and Reforms – Inflation: Causes and Remedies – India’s Fiscal Policy: Fiscal Imbalance, Deficit Finance and Fiscal Responsibility – Indian Tax Structure – Goods and Services Tax (GST) – Recent Indian Budget – India’s Balance of Payments (BOP) – FDI.
3. Agricultural Sector, Industrial Sector and Services in Indian Economy:
Indian Agriculture: Cropping Pattern, Agricultural Production and Productivity – Agricultural Finance and Marketing in India: Issues and Initiatives – Agricultural Pricing and Policy in India: MSP, Procurement, Issue Price and Distribution – Industrial Development in India: Patterns and Problems – New Industrial Policy, 1991 – Disinvestment – Ease of Doing Business – Industrial Sickness: Causes, Consequences and Remedial Measures – Services Sector: Growth and Contribution of Services Sector in India – Role of IT and ITES Industry in Development.
4. Structure of Andhra Pradesh Economy and Public Finance:
Structure and Growth of AP Economy: Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) and Sectoral Contribution, AP Per Capita Income (PCI) – AP State Revenue: Tax and Non-Tax Revenue – AP State Expenditure, Debts, and Interest Payments – Central Assistance – Projects of External Assistance – Recent AP Budget.
5. Agriculture and Allied Sector, Industrial Sector and Services Sector of Andhra Pradesh:
Production Trends of Agriculture and Allied Sectors – Cropping Pattern – Rural Credit Cooperatives – Agricultural Marketing – Strategies, Schemes and Programmes related to Agricultural Sector and Allied Sectors in Andhra Pradesh Including Horticulture, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries and Forests – Growth and Structure of Industries – Recent AP Industrial Development Policy – Single Window Mechanism – Industrial Incentives – MSMEs – Industrial Corridors – Structure and Growth of Services Sector – Information Technology, Electronics and Communications in Andhra Pradesh – Recent AP IT Policy.
SECTION- B:: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (75M)
1. Technology Missions, Policies and Applications:
National S&T Policy: Recent Science, Technology and Innovation Policy, and National Strategies and Missions, Emerging Technology Frontiers – Space Technology: Launch Vehicles of India, Recent Indian Satellite Launches and its applications, Indian Space Science Missions – Defence Technology: Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO): Structure, Vision and Mission, Technologies Developed by the DRDO, Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP) – Information and Communication Technology (ICT): National Policy on Information Technology – Digital India Mission: Initiatives and Impact – E-Governance Programmes and Services – Cyber Security concerns – National Cyber Security Policy – Nuclear Technology: Indian Nuclear Reactors and Nuclear Power Plants – Applications of Radioisotopes –India’s Nuclear Programme.
2. Energy Management:
Policy and Projections: Installed Energy Capacities and Demand in India – National Energy Policy – National Policy on Biofuels – Bharat Stage Norms – Non-Renewable and Renewable Energy: Sources and Installed Capacities in India – New Initiatives and Recent Programmes, Schemes and Achievements in India’s Renewable Energy Sector.
3. Ecosystem and Biodiversity:
Ecology and Ecosystem: Basic concepts of Ecology, Ecosystem: Components and Types – Biodiversity: Meaning, Components, Biodiversity Hotspots, Loss of Biodiversity and Conservation of Biodiversity: Methods, Recent Plans, Targets, Convention and Protocols – Wildlife Conservation: CITES and Endangered Species with reference to India – Biosphere Reserves – Indian Wildlife Conservation efforts, projects, acts and initiatives in recent times.
4. Waste Management and Pollution Control:
Solid Waste: Solid Wastes and their Classification – Methods of Disposal and Management of Solid Wastes in India – Environmental Pollution: Types of Environmental Pollution – Sources and Impacts – Pollution Control, Regulation and Alternatives: Recent projects, acts and Initiatives to reduce Environmental Pollution in India – Impact of Transgenics on Environment and their Regulation – Eco-Friendly Technologies in Agriculture – Bioremediation: Types and Scope in India.
5. Environment and Health:
Environment Challenges: Global Warming, Climate Change, Acid Rain, Ozone Layer Depletion, Ocean Acidification – Environmental Initiatives: Recent International Initiatives, Protocols, and Conventions to tackle Climate Change with special reference to India’s Participation and Role – Sustainable Development: Meaning, Nature, Scope, Components and Goals of Sustainable Development
– Health Issues: Recent Trends in Disease Burden and Epidemic and Pandemic Challenges in India – Preparedness and Response: Healthcare Delivery and Outcomes in India – Recent Public Health Initiatives and Programmes.
For More Educational News Updates, Join us on Twitter | Follow us on Google News | Join Our WhatsApp Groups | Connect with our Telegram Channel
More From The Section
- APPSC Group 2 Notification 2023 PDF (Out) for 508 గ్రూప్ 2 Posts
- APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2023 (PDF) Prelims & Mains Syllabus తెలుగులో
- APPSC Group 1 Notification 2023 PDF, 89 గ్రూప్-1 పోస్టులకు GO విడుదల
- APPSC Departmental Test Results 2023 (OUT) May Session
- APPSC AMVI Recruitment 2023 Apply Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Posts