Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued the CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus for the New Academic Year. This is the New syllabus for the New Academic Session announced by the CBSE which was approved by the NCERT. So all the candidates who are appearing for the 10th Class can able to download the CBSE Syllabus of Class 10. The CBSE Class 10 Syllabus is also available in PDF Format. Also Download Class 10 NCERT Test Books, CBSE Study Materials, CBSE Guide, CBSE Syllabus form the below sections.
- CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus 2021-22
- NCERT Class 10 Home Science Syllabus Chapter Wise
- Unit I: Human growth & development II (30periods)
- Unit II: Management of Resources: Time, Energy and Money (30 periods)
- Unit III: Food and Personal Hygiene (18 periods)
- Unit IV: Meal Planning (42periods)
- Unit V: Food Safety and Consumer Education (30 periods)
- Unit VI: Care and Maintenance of Fabrics and Apparel (30 periods)
- Practicals (30 Marks) – 40 Periods
- Important Links for CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus
CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus 2021-22
NCERT Class 10 Home Science Syllabus Chapter Wise
Unit I: Human growth & development II (30periods)
- a) Play (birth-5 years), role of play in growth & development of children. Types of play active, passive, natural, serious and exploratory, selection of play material for children.
- b) Childhood(3 to11 years)-Age specific milestones- Physical, motor ,social, emotional, cognitive and language
- c) Adolescents : Special Features- Physical and biological, motor ,social, emotional, Cognitive and language
- d) Problems of Adolescents: Consequences and management-
- i) Eating disorders (Anorexia Nervosa ,Bulimia Nervosa)
iii) Issues related to sex
- iv) Anti social behaviour
Unit II: Management of Resources: Time, Energy and Money (30 periods)
- a) Time Management – Definition and Importance
- b) Time plans – Factors affecting time plan
- c) Energy Management : Definition and Importance
- d) Fatigue and work Simplification
- e) Family Income and Types
- f) Expenditure and Importance of Saving
Unit III: Food and Personal Hygiene (18 periods)
- a) Principles of hygienic handling and serving of food
- b) Hygiene in kitchen
- c) Personal hygiene of food handler
- d) Hygiene during food storage
Unit IV: Meal Planning (42periods)
- a) Concept of Meal Planning
- b) Factors affecting meal planning – age, sex, climate, occupation, cost of food items, number of family members, occasion, availability of food, family traditions, likes and dislikes
- c) Basic food groups given by ICMR
- d) Use of food groups in planning balanced meal for self and family.
Unit V: Food Safety and Consumer Education (30 periods)
- a) Problems faced by Consumer- Price variation, poor quality, Faulty weights and measures, Non-availability of goods, Misleading information, Lack of standardized products
- b) Food adulteration: Concept, adulterants(Metanil yellow, Argemone, Kesari dal) and harmful effects of these adulterants on human health,
- c) Food Safety Standards-FSSAI (2006)
- d) Consumer Education-Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
Unit VI: Care and Maintenance of Fabrics and Apparel (30 periods)
- a) Cleaning and finishing agents used in routine care of clothes.
- b) Stain Removal
- c) Storage of cotton, silk, wool and synthetics
- d) Readymade garments- selection, need, workmanship and care label.
Practicals (30 Marks) – 40 Periods
- Make a suitable play material for children between birth to 5 years (group activity)
- Plan a balanced meal for yourself.
- Make a time plan to self for one day.
- Write a report on any five malpractices you have observed in the market and write your responsibilities as a consumer in each context.
- Prepare a slogan/poster to create awareness on consumer education
- Remove stains from white cotton fabric: curry, grease, ball pen ink, lipstick, tea and coffee
- List five areas of agreement and disagreement each with parents, siblings and friends, and give your suggestion to improve the relationships.
- Examine positive and negative qualities of one readymade and one tailor made garment.
- Prepare a care label for a readymade garment according to its fabric and design.
Important Links for CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus
You may Also Like
- CTET Dec 2021 Notification PDF, Exam Date CTET Online Form, Eligibility
- CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus PDF Term-1 & Term-2 Lessons
- CBSE Class 10 Term-wise Syllabus PDF, Term-1 & 2 Revised Syllabus 2021-22
- CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2021-22 Term-wise PDF, Term-1&2 New Syllabus