EVS is one of the important subjects among the 3 major subjects in grade 2. CBSE Class 2 EVS Worksheet aims to provide an opportunity for kids to explore and develop an understanding of Nature, Humans, Social and Cultural activities of the local and wider environments. Thus, it is important for one to be aware of CBSE Class 2 EVS Syllabus.
CBSE Class 2 EVS Syllabus 2022-23
|Name of the Organization/ Board||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
CBSE Class 2 EVS Syllabus 2022
CBSE Class 2 EVS chapter-wise Syllabus are listed below:
The invention of the Wheel
|Chapter 2||Good Habits|
Means of Communication
World Around Me
|Chapter 6||Get To Know Me|
Services In Neighbourhood
Air, Water, Food, Shelter
Means of Transport
|Chapter 13||Our Family|
CBSE Class 2 EVS Syllabus 2022-23 Sample Question Papers
Students can make use of the following Environmental Science Sample Question Paper once they are done with the syllabus. By practising CBSE Class 2 EVS Sample Question Paper, students will be able to understand the question paper pattern and structure of questions.
The general objectives at Level-1 are:
- to build familiarity with the language primarily through spoken input in meaningful situations
(teacher talk, listening to recorded material, etc.).
- to provide and monitor exposure to and comprehension of spoken, and spoken-andwritten inputs (through mother tongue, signs, visuals, pictures, sketches, gestures, single
- to help learners build a working proficiency in the language, especially with regard to listening
with understanding and basic oral production (words/phrases, fragments of utterances,
formulaic expressions as communicative devices).
- to recite and sing poems, songs and rhymes and enact small plays/skits
- to use drawing and painting as precursors to writing and relate these activities to oral
- to become visually familiar with text [word(s)], what it means, and to notice its components letter (s) and the sound-values they stand for.
- to associate meaning with written/printed language.
At the end of this stage learners should be able to
- talk about themselves, members of the family and the people in their surroundings.
- follow simple instructions, requests and questions, and use formulaic expressions appropriately
- enjoy doing tasks (including singing a rhyme or identifying a person, object or thing) in
- recognise whole words or chunks of language
- recognise small and capital forms of the English alphabet both in context and in isolation
- read simple words/short sentences with the help of pictures and understand them
- write simple words/phrases/short sentences
CBSE Class 2 EVS Academic Calendar 2022-23
|Name of the Chapter||Month||Conducting Examination|
|Chapter 1: The Invention of Wheel||April||–|
|Chapter 2: Good habits||May||–|
|Chapter 3: Means of||July (2nd week)||FA-1 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 4: Communication Clothes|
|Chapter 5: World Around me||August||–|
|Chapter 6: Get to know me|
|Chapter 7: Understanding Direction||September (1st week)||FA-2 (20 Marks)|
|Revision & half yearly exam||October (3rd week)|
|Chapter 8: Houses||November||–|
|Chapter 9: Services in the Neighbourhood|
|Chapter 10: Time||December (1st week)||FA-3 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 11: Air, Water, Food, Shelter|
|Chapter 12: Means of Transport||January (4th week)||FA-4 (20 Marks)|
|Chapter 13: Our Family||February||–|
|Revision & Exam||March (2nd week)||SA-2 (60 Marks)|
CBSE Class 2 Environmental Science Sample Question Paper
Q1) Fill in the blanks using the words given in the help box:
(Gujhiya, fruits, honey, sheep, Kerala, tailor)
a) We get ___________________________ from honeybees.
b) __________________________ gives us wool.
c) Flowers grow into _______________________________.
d) ____________________________ stitches clothes for us.
e) Onam is celebrated in __________________________________.
f) ___________________________ is made during the festival of Holi.
Q2) Tick (√) the correct answer
a) ________________ marks the victory of good over evil.
i. Holi ii. Dussehra iii. Onam
b) A person who catches thieves is a _______________.
i. Farmer ii. Tailor iii. Policeman
c) Tall and strong plants are called ________________.
i. Creepers ii. Climbers iii. Trees
d) __________ gives us milk.
i. Goat ii. Elephant iii. Horse
Q3) Circle the odd one
a) Cat, dog, cheetah, rabbit
b) Stems, bag, leaves, fruits
c) Crops, teacher, gardener, policeman
d) Diwali, Christmas, Eid, Cobbler
Q4) Match the following
a) Diwali cricketer
b) M.S Dhoni carries load for us
c) Herbs lights
d) Donkey green stem
Q5) Answer the following
a) Name any 2 festivals celebrated in India.
b) How is honey useful for us?
c) Write any 1 use of thorns for plants.
Q6) Name the following
a) One who makes wooden chairs and tables. ______________________
b) Two animals that gives us egg. ________________ ,
c) Festival of colours. _______________________
d) One who treats us when we are sick. _______________________
e) One woollen cloth that we get from wool. _______________________
Q7) Name the following :-
1. Father’s mother-__________________________
2. Uncle’s wife- _____________________________
3. Father’s brother- _________________________
4. Father’s father-___________________________
Q8) Complete the following sentences about yourself :
1. My name is __________________________.
2. I am a ______________________________. (boy / girl)
3. I am _________________________years old.
4. My favourite game is __________________.
5. I like to eat __________________________.
6. I _____________________ my family very much.
Q9) Name the following parts of a plant
For More Educational News Updates, Join us on Twitter | Follow us on Google News | Join Our WhatsApp Groups | Connect with our Telegram Channel
You may Also Like These Articles
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi Answer Key 2023 for Course A & B
- CBSE Class 10 Sanskrit Sample Question Papers 2023 with Solutions PDF
- CBSE Class 10 Sample Question Papers & Marking Scheme 2023 Download
- CBSE Class 10 Sanskrit Syllabus 2022-23 (PDF) Paper Structure
- CBSE Class 12 Physics Question Paper 2023 with Answers