NHTET May 2019: National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) conducts National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test (NHTET) Every Year. The May Session of NHTET-2019 Examination will be held on 18th May 2019. The NHTET May 2019 will be Held at 16 Centres mentioned in this Article. The Online Applications are being Accepted from 17th March to 3rd May 2019. In this Article We mention NHTET Syllabus, Eligibility, Age limit, Conditions, Exam Date, Exam Pattern, Admit Card Download, Results Download links.
Overview of the NHTET Scheme
- The scheme is to filter the best among the better to declare them eligible for Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates in NCHMCT affiliated IHMs and will be known as NHTET Scheme.
- The scheme will be applicable to the citizen of India who fulfils the other eligibility criteria prescribed under this scheme.
- The candidate declared eligible for Assistant Lecturer will have the only right to apply against any vacancy, if announced by NCHMCT affiliated IHMs, either of Government sector, PSU owned or Private sector. The NHTET qualified candidate will not have any right of automatic induction in NCHMCT affiliated IHMs. They have to face a separate selection process for induction as Assistant lecturer or Teaching Associates.
- No NCHMCT affiliated IHMs shall recruit any Teaching Associate or Assistant Lecturer under direct recruitment against any regular vacancy if the candidate does not have a valid NHTET pass certificate.
|Name of the Exam||National Hospitality Teachers Eligibility Test (NHTET)|
|Conducting Organization||National Council For Hotel Management And Catering Technology (NCHMCT)|
|Applications Start Date||17-03-2019|
|Applications Last Date||03-05-2019|
|Hall Tickets Availability||08-05-2019|
|Results Availability||In June 2019|
Eligibility to Appear for NHTET
- Full time Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Administration/ Hotel Management after 10+2 from a recognized University with at least 60% marks and at least 2 years Industry Experience after obtaining Degree.
Full time Master’s Degree in Hospitality Administration/ Hotel Management after Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Administration/ Hotel Management from a recognized University with at least 60% marks either in Bachelor or Master’s Degree.
- Candidates appearing in the final semester/ final year exam of the master’s degree in Hotel/ Hospitality Management/ Administration and have passed all subjects of previous year/ semester, and also having Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Administration/ Hotel Management from a recognized University with at least 60% marks, can also apply.
Age Limit for NHTET
Age should not be more than 30 years. Relaxation of age by 5 years for those belong to SC/ST/PD categories, 3 years for those belong to OBC categories is applicable as per rules.
Candidate can appear as many as times he/ she can during his/ her permissible period i.e. up to 30 years of age. However, an OBC (non-creamy layer) may apply up to 33 years of age and SC/ST/PD may apply up to 35 years of age.
Scheme of the NHTET Exam – NHTET Exam Pattern
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held twice in a calendar year. The test will be held on a single day in two separate sessions as under.
Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test aptitude and method towards teaching, reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness/ knowledge of the candidate. Fifty (50) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer all fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting twice/ thrice, it will be counted as negative mark. However, there will be no negative mark for the question not attempted.
Paper-II shall consist of 50 multiple choice questions of Nutrition, Food science, General Management, hotel accounts ( for hospitality related teaching posts ). Each question will carry two marks.
Paper-III shall consist of 100 multiple choice questions from the four core areas of hospitality i.e. Food Production, F & B Service and Management, Accommodation Operation Management and House Keeping Management. Each question will carry two marks.
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet provided along with the Test Booklet.The detailed instructions for filling up the OMR Sheet will be mentioned in the call letter/ hall ticket.
Application Fee for NHTET
ON- LINE APPLICATION FEE : Rs.800/- for General/OBC categories(male candidates only) And Rs.400/- for all female candidates as well as SC/ST/PD categories (fee can be revised in future NHTET)
To be submitted along with the print out of the confirmation copy of the duly filled in and on line submitted application form.
|Sr No.||Category||Normal Fee||Female Fee||NRI Fee||SAARC Fee|
|4||Other Backward Caste||800||400||0||0|
Fees for Differently Able
Result will be declared through the web portal of NCHMCT ( www.thims.gov.in ) and the Certificates will be dispatched to the candidates accordingly.
Step I: Minimum marks to be obtained in NHTET for considering a candidate eligibility for Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates in NCHM and its any affiliated IHM:
The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II, Paper-III and Aggregate of three Papers,to become eligible for both i.e. Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates
Therefore, the candidate declared pass for applying against Teaching Associateship will not be eligible to apply against any vacancy of Assistant Lecturer. Such candidate has to take further chance in subsequent NHTET to pass with the required percentage prescribed for becoming eligible to the post of Assistant Lecturer.
Step II: Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a detailed mark sheet-cum-certificate will be prepared and send to such candidates. The said certificate will remain valid for the period mentioned on it, to apply for a post of Assistant Lecturer in NCHM or any of its affiliated IHMs.
Step III: Those candidates who have not cleared step I, a detailedmark sheet will be prepared with a remark ‘not cleared’ and will be displayed in the web portal www.thims.gov.in.
It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by NCHMCT is final and binding. However, the NCHMCT has the power to change the qualifying criteria if feel necessary and notify along with reason for change before declaring the result.
Validity of the NHTET certificate
- The Certificate will have valid up to the period, the Candidate will remain in the maximum age prescribedto apply against any vacancy of Assistant Lecturer and Teaching Associates at NCHMCT’s affiliated IHMs.
- The eligibility criteria and validity period may change in future, but the interest of the already qualified candidates will be taken care of.
At any later on stage during the validity period of the NHTET certificate, if found that the candidate furnished incorrect information and forged document, his/ her certificate of NHTET will be cancelled immediately and a common circular to that effect will immediately be issued to all the IHMs. His/ Her candidature will also be debarred for next two years to sit in NHTET.
How to Apply for NHTET
- Candidate should go through the details of the Brochure and see the requirement to fill the application form on-line in the portal thims.gov.in.
- Candidate have to purchase a demand draft from any approved Bank for the requisite amount of application fee before filling up the form, since the DD number will be required to fill in the form. In case of filling wrong DD number, the DD sent by the candidate along with print out, cannot be matched by the system and such form will liable to be rejected.
- Scan copy of passport size photograph in the required resolution and required pixel should be maintained to upload that in the application.
- Scan copy of one of the valid ID card in the required resolution and required pixel will also be required to upload in the application. ID card can be Adhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driving Licence and Passport.
NHTET May 2019 Admit Card
- Candidates has to download the Admit Card from the same portal between the specific time periods allotted for this purpose.
- No printed Admit card will be sent by surface male to any candidate.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter in to the exam hall without a print out of Admit Card and the original id card uploaded in the application form.
- Impersonation is a cognizable offence and Exam Superintendent is authorised to hand over nay impersonator to police.
NHTET 2019 Exam Centers
|15)||Hajipur (Near Patna)|
Important Links for NHTET May 2019
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Exam Scheme||Click Here|
A Brief Note
There was a general perception among public, leading educationists and the Hoteliers that, well qualified person were not being attracted towards teaching profession. Concerns were also expressed about the criteria that were employed for the selection of teachers. It was increasingly realized that quite a large number of people who neither had the competence nor the aptitude for teaching made an easy entry into this profession.
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (Society) was set up in the year 1982 by the Government of India as an autonomous body for coordinated growth and development of hospitality education in the country.