UGC NET December 2023 application form | UGC NET 2023 Online Application: Are you the one who is searching for NTA UGC NET 2023 Exam details? If yes, then you can visit this complete article to get the details about NTA UGC NET Exam 2023. The NTA UGC NET Entrance Exam 2023 conducts twice a year and Two more rounds are to be held after this in 2023. Candidates can Register for NTA UGC NET Exam from September 30 to October 28, 2023 .
The NTA has been entrusted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) with the task of conducting UGC-NET, which is a test to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct UGC-NET December 2023 for ‘Junior Research Fellowship’ and eligibility for ‘Assistant Professor’ in 83 subjects in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
- UGC-NET December 2023 Notification
- UGC NET December 2023 Important Dates
- NTA UGC NET December 2023 Online Form
- Important Instructions:
- NTA UGC NET 2023 November: Eligibility
- NTA UGC NET December 2023: Age Limit
- UGC NET December 2023: Application Fee
- UGC NET 2023 Selection Process
- NTA UGC NET 2023 Documents required for verification
- How to Apply for NTA UGC NET 2023
- Important Links for NTA UGC NET 2023
- UGC NET Exam Pattern 2023
- UGC NET Syllabus Paper – 1
- NTA UGC NET 2023 Syllabus – Paper II and III
- NTA UGC NET Syllabus – Paper II and III
UGC-NET December 2023 Notification
NTA UGC NET 2023 December notification has been released on official Portal ugc.ac.in. previously Central Board of Secondary Education conducted the UGC NET but later on Government was replaced the Board with National Testing Agency. UGC NET is conducted by the NTA twice in a year i.e. in December and December. NTA UGC NET is conducted with a view to selecting the candidates for only Assistant Professor or both Assistant Professor and Junior Research fellowship. NTA UGC NET 2023 will consist of 2 papers. Candidates who are qualified in the 2 papers are eligible for the Post. The Main Aim to Conduct NTA UGC NET is to sort out the efficient candidates from all the applicants.
UGC NET December 2023 Important Dates
|UGC NET December 2023 Notification||September 30, 2023|
|UGC NET December 2023 Online Application Dates||September 30 to October 28, 2023 (upto 05:00 PM)|
|Last date for submission of Examination fee (through|
CreditCard/ Debit Card/Net Banking /UPI
|October 29, 2023 (upto 11:50 PM)|
|UGC NET December 2023 Application Correction Date||October 30 to 31, 2023 (upto 11:50 PM)|
|Announcement of City of Exam Centre||Last week of November 2023|
|UGC NET December 2023 Admit Card Release Date||First week of December 2023|
|UGC NET December 2023 Exam Date||December 6 to 22, 2023|
|UGC NET December 2023 Answer Key||January 2024 (Tentative)|
|UGC NET December 2023 Result Date||January 2024 (Within 3 Weeks of the Exam)|
NTA UGC NET December 2023 Online Form
Candidates who desire to appear in Joint UGC NET Examination December 2023 may apply online on the
website ugcnet.nta.nic.in, www.nta.ac.in and details of Course Code, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern of
Question Paper etc. are available on the Information Bulletin.
The detailed schedule mentioning revised dates of downloading of Admit Cards and of Examination was displayed separately on respective examination website(s) and www.nta.ac.in later on. Download the UGC NET December 2023 Information Bulletin from below Links.
- Candidates can apply for UGC-NET December 2023 through the “Online” mode only through the website https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. In no circumstances, candidates will be allowed to fill more than one Application Form. Strict action will be taken, even at a later stage, against such candidates who have filled more than one Application Form.
- Candidates must strictly follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on the NTA website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified
- Candidates must ensure that the e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own or Parents/Guardians only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address or SMS on the registered Mobile Number only.
- In case any candidate faces difficulty in applying for UGC NET December 2023, he/she may contact on 011 – 40759000 / 011 – 69227700 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org For further clarification related to the UGC NET December 2023, the Candidates are advised to visit the official website(s) of NTA (www.nta.ac.in) and (https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/, for the latest updates.
NTA UGC NET 2023 November: Eligibility
- General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC (available on the website: www.ugc.ac.in in Humanities and Social Science (including languages), Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. List of subjects at Post Graduation level is attached as Appendix -V. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disability (PwD)/Third gender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC-NCL/ SC / ST / PwD / Third gender category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to the Third gender category are eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and Eligibility Criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject-wise qualifying cut-offs for this category would be the lowest among those for SC / ST / PwD / OBC–NCL / General-EWS categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination have been completed by 19 September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET. The list of Post-Graduation courses and their codes is given at Appendix – VI.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post-Graduation only. The candidates, whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of NET subjects attached as Appendix -V, may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form or Confirmation Page to NTA. However, the candidates, in their own interest, must ensure themselves about their eligibility for the test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/NTA at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action. NTA does not verify the information provided by the candidates during online registration and hence candidature will be purely provisional subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
- Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/ certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in)
NTA UGC NET December 2023: Age Limit
JRF: Not more than 30 years as on 1st day of the month in which the examination is concluded i.e. 01.06.2023.
Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit in applying for UGC-NET for Assistant Professor.
UGC NET December 2023: Application Fee
GST/Processing charges are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
|General/ Unreserved||Rs. 1150/-|
UGC NET 2023 Selection Process
- Computer-based Test
- Document Verification
NTA UGC NET 2023 Documents required for verification
- Board/ University Certificate for Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth
- Aadhar Card
- Photo Identification – Bank A/c Number/ Passport Number/ Ration Card/ Other Govt ID
- Qualifying Degree Certificate or last semester marks sheet
- Code of NET Subject
- Code of the subject at Post Graduation level
- Code of Post Graduation Course
- Category Certificate
- A person with Disability (PWD) Certificate
- the e-mail address and Mobile Number
- Scanned images in JPG/JPEG format only of Candidate photograph and Signature
How to Apply for NTA UGC NET 2023
Candidates can apply for UGC-NET 2023 in “Online” mode only. Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing NTA website ugcnet.nta.nic.in. The Application in any other mode will not be accepted.
- Visit the Official website of UGC NET i.e. ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- Check the application form of UGC NET 2023, Click on it
- Fill all the required details such as personal details, Academic details, etc
- Upload the required documents like Photograph, Signature of the candidate, etc
- Check the application once again before submitting
- Submit the details
- Make payment through online by debit/ credit card or net banking
- Save the copy and take a print out of it for future reference.
Important Links for NTA UGC NET 2023
|To Apply For NTA UGC NET 2023 Entrance Exam||Click Here (Link Is Activated)|
|To Check NTA NET 2023 Entrance Exam Notice||Click Here|
|Check The NTA UGC NET 2023 Information Bulletin||Click Here|
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2023
The UGC NET exam is a Computer Based Test (CBT). It contains objective type, multiple choice questions in paper 1 and paper 2. The medium of the question paper will be English & Hindi only, except for language papers. As per the marking scheme, 2 marks will be given for every correct response, and there will be no negative marking for an incorrect answer.
|Session||Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|First||I||50 (Questions to be attempted – All)||100||1 Hour (09:30 AM to 10:30 AM)|
|Second||II||100 (Questions to be attempted – All)||200||2 Hours (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
UGC NET Syllabus Paper – 1
Paper I of NTA UGC NET is a General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude. This Paper aims at testing the candidate’s Cognitive ability, communication and reasoning ability, and their quality of life by interaction with people and environment. There are 10 sections and each section will have 5 questions (i.e. 50 objective type questions); these 5 questions will carry 10 marks (i.e 10×10=100 marks).
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- People and Environment
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration
NTA UGC NET 2023 Syllabus – Paper II and III
Paper II and III of the Exam will focus on the specialization i.e. subject selected by the candidate. Separate set of syllabus is given for Paper II and Paper III. All the questions of Paper II and III will be compulsory covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
- Paper II – 50 objective type questions (compulsory) based on subject selected by the candidate. Each question carries 2 marks (50×2=100 marks).
- Paper III – 75 objective type questions (compulsory) based on subject selected by the candidate. Each question carries 2 marks (75×2=150 marks).
NTA UGC NET Syllabus – Paper II and III
The detailed syllabus on Paper II and Paper III for each subject and along with the sample paper is given below.
NTA-UGC NET Exam for Science stream is conducted by NTA in the following areas: –
1. Chemical Sciences
2. Earth Sciences
3. Life Sciences
4. Mathematical Sciences
5. Physical Science
The pattern for the Single Paper MCQ test shall be as given below:-
1. The MCQ test paper of each subject shall carry a maximum of 200 marks.
2. The exam shall be for duration of three hours.
3. The question paper shall be divided in three parts
Part ‘A’ shall be common to all subjects. This part shall be a test containing a maximum of 20 questions of General Aptitude. The candidates shall be required to answer any 15 questions of two marks each. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 30 out of 200
Part ‘B’ shall contain subject-related conventional MCQs. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 70 out of 200. The maximum number of questions to be attempted shall be in the range of 20-35.
Part ‘C’ shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem. The total marks allocated to this section shall be 100 out of 200.
Negative marking for wrong answers.
NB: In all the subject areas of the NET the actual number of questions asked and to be attempted in each section may vary from exam to exam.
|00||General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper -I)||Download||Download|
|01||Economics / Rural Economics /Co-operation / Demography / Development Planning/ Development Studies / Econometrics/ Applied Economics/Development Eco./Business Economics||Download||Download|
|11||Defence and Strategic Studies||Download||Download|
|17||Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)||Download||Download|
|39||French (French Version)||Download||Download|
|46||Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education.||Download||Download|
|49||Arab Culture and Islamic Studies||Download||Download|
|55||Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management||Download||Download|
|59||Library and Information Science||Download||Download|
|60||Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies||Download||Download|
|62||Comparative Study of Religions||Download||Download|
|63||Mass Communication and Journalism||Download||Download|
|65||Performing Art – Dance/Drama/Theatre||Download||Download|
|66||Museology & Conservation||Download||Download|
|70||Tribal and Regional Language/Literature||Download||Download|
|73||Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama).||Download|
|79||Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art)||Download||Download|
|81||Social Medicine & Community Health||Download||Download|
|87||Computer Science and Applications||Download||Download|
|90||Politics including International Relations/International Studies including Defence/Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies.||Download||Download|
|92||Human Rights and Duties||Download||Download|
|93||Tourism Administration and Management.||Download||Download|
For More Educational News Updates, Join us on Twitter | Follow us on Google News | Join Our WhatsApp Groups | Connect with our Telegram Channel
More From The Section
- UGC NET December 2023 Registration (Open) Dates, Eligibility
- TGUGCET Result 2024, TSWREIS TS Gurukul Degree Entrance Rank Card
- WB SET 2023 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates
- UGC NET 2023 Results, NTA UGC NET Score Card Download Link
- NTA UGC NET June 2023 Answer Key (PDF) Phase 1 & 2 Solved Paper Download